If you are uncertain whether the College will be open due to bad weather, you can obtain information in the following ways:
- A message on the College website home page
- A message on the College's Facebook and Twitter pages
- Broadcasts on local radio stations such as BBC Radio Leicester, BBC Radio Derby, BBC Radio Nottingham, Oak FM, Hermitage FM and Gem 106
- A message on the College switchboard (if lines are busy please check the other options above)
Equality and Diversity
The College is committed to ensuring that we provide an inclusive learning and working environment where everyone can reach their full potential, regardless of their background.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy applies to all members of the Stephenson College community and is designed to create an environment where equality, diversity and inclusion is naturally part of our everyday life, covering all aspects of our activity.
We aim to:
- Promote equality and diversity across all of our activities
- Foster and promote good relations between people of a diverse background
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Encourage and widen participation, raise standards and advance aspiration for all
In support of our aims and to ensure that meet our legal duties, we have agreed a number of Equality Objectives. These will be reviewed regularly and will be an integral part of our business planning.
Visit Equality and Diversity Policy for the further details.
In pursuit of its aim of achieving continuous improvement in performance, the College wishes to be informed of any area which is causing dissatisfaction to its customers. It will seek to resolve any complaint and to find ways to eliminate areas of dissatisfaction.
Please click here for the full formal complaints procedure.
Other Policies and Procedures