Joining us to study at Stephenson College this September? We can’t wait to welcome you on day one of what promises to be a fantastic journey! We’ve compiled some information below which we hope you will find useful:
Students will be invited into college to enrol onto their course from Tuesday 29th August until Friday 1st September 2017. Your enrolment day depends on the course you a studying, please use the below table.
|29th August||30th August||31st August||1st September|
|Location||HE Centre||HE Centre||HE Centre||HE Centre|
|Faculty||Creative Services / Engineering||Creative Services||Construction||Creative Services|
|8:30am - 9:30am:
|8:30am - 9:30am:
|9am - 10am
Carpentry & Joinery
|10am - 10:30am
Access to HE + (GCSE)
|10am - 11am:
|9:30am - 10:30am:
|10am - 11am
Painting & Decorating
|12:30pm - 1:30pm
Health & Social Care
|10:30am - 11:30am: Animal Care||12:30pm - 1:30pm:
|12:30pm - 1:30pm:
|12:30pm - 1:30pm: Motor Vehicle||1:30pm - 2:30pm:
|1:30pm - 2:30pm:
|1:30pm - 2:30pm: Engineering||2:30pm - 3:30pm:
ALL Nottingham enrolments at our Maid Marian Way campus take place on Monday 4th September: 10am - 12pm
What will I need to bring along for enrolment?
- Proof of identity
e.g. Birth Certificate, Passport, National Insurance Card, Debit/Credit Card, Driving Licence etc.
- National Insurance Number
- Name and phone number of who to contact in an emergency e.g. Parent, spouse, partner
- If you have moved house in the last year we will need your previous post code.
- Details of any qualifications you already have, showing,name of qualification, Level, Grade and year of achievement.
Learners aged 19 or over
- If you need to pay for your course, either in full or part, then you will need to pay the appropriate fee at the time of enrolment. If your employer is paying all or part of the fees then we will need a letter of intent from them on headed paper at enrolment time or a company email.
- Students who are being funded by Local County Councils will need to pay a £50 deposit which will be refunded when full payment has been received from the LCC.
- If the fees are £200 or more and the course duration is more than 12 weeks then you may pay by instalments (this only applies to individuals and Sole Traders)
This comprises a deposit plus 2 or 3 instalments.
The deposit will vary by course.
The balance is normally over 3 instalments.
If you wish to pay instalments you will need to bring your bank details to fill in a Direct Debit form. If someone other than yourself will be paying the instalments then you need to collect a Direct Debit form from the college in advance and bring the completed form on enrolment day.
- If you are claiming reduced fees because of a government benefit, then we will need to see current proof of that benefit. Student Support can advise you which benefits are acceptable.
- If paying by an Advanced Learning Loan Please bring in your Loan Entitlement letter. Students who are funded through an Advanced Learning Loan will need to pay a £50 deposit which will be refunded once the College has received full payment from the Student Loans Company.
All 19+ learners will need to take their completed enrolment form to Student Services BEFORE visiting the enrolment suite.
In the event of you not being able to attend college, please remember to inform main reception by phone, you will need to call them on 01530 836 136 extension 0.
Bursary Fund and Discetionary Learner Support Fund (DLSF)
Your main contact in Student Services for queries relating to Bursary and DLSF Funds is Tracy on extension 219.
Your main contact for transport queries is Student Services who are available on ext 220. Please also see our website for more detailed information – www.stephensoncoll.ac.uk
All students are required to wear their ID card (issued free) whilst on the college premises. If ID cards are lost the replacement cost is £3.00.
Students require a parking permit to park their car at the college. Permits are available from Student Services and cost £10.00 for the academic year. Please note that a permit does not guarantee a parking place.
Student Union cards are available from: www.nus.org.uk . The current cost is £12.00 (subject to change 2017/2018).
A small number of lockers are available, on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, from Student Services and cost £5.00 for the year. You will also need to supply a strong padlock.
Lockable Cycle Storage
A small number of lockable cycle pods are available, on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, from Student Services for a refundable deposit of £10.00.
For any further information please contact Student Services on 01530 836 136 ext 220 or email@example.com
Our next open days...