Why not take advantage of our FREE distance learning courses here at Stephenson College? Whether or not you want to improve your job prospects or simply learn new skills for pleasure, we have a number of courses available for you to take advantage of.
- Safe Handling of Medication
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Principles of Dementia Care
- Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings
- Principles of Care Planning
- Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social
- Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Common Health Conditions
- Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Understanding Autism
- Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Counselling Skills
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Equality and Diversity
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Lean ORganisation Management Techniques
- Principles of Customer Service
- Principles of Team Leading
You would need to attend an induction session to start the course (this can be in the workplace, depending on group size or at college). You will have 12 weeks with the support of a tutor to complete the course. Once you have completed one course it is possible to move onto another.
All short courses are fully funded; however, a charge to cover the cost of the workbook and registration fee will be incurred if a candidate does not complete their course.
If you are interested in enrolling for any of the above courses or require further information please contact the distance learning team on 01530 836 136 ext 151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our next open days...